Saturday, January 3, 2009

Spencer's First Picture's


10:19am
Today I am taking Spencer to have his first pictures done. I already know it's going to be tough since I'm starting the day shaving his head and a bath. I let you know how it goes.


The Next Day.


OK well Jon and I got Spencer's head shaved with a few wimpers but otherwise uneventful. We left the house at 1 to go get Spencer's dad and then take him to get his pictures. Well we only got about half way there when the truck starts to sputter. I thought to myself on no not now. I have both my kids with me, no phone, it's about 40 degrees outside and we are in the country. The situation is not good.


I look at the gas gauge it says i have just under a quarter tank left. So I don't know what's going and with a big cloud of black smoke and one final sputter the truck was dead and I'm trying to coast a Dodge Ram Diesel truck to the side of the road. I'm stuck the nearest house is about a half mile up a very busy road with no sidewalks only a ditch. It would be impossible to get Carolyn and Spencer to the house and I can't leave them in the truck while I go so we sit there and hope someone will stop and ask if I need help. We sit there for 15 minutes when I think I see Katie's car in my mirror. It is Katie, she was on her way to the store. She calls a friend and asks what to do. He says you don't run a Diesel out of gas. The thing was the gas gauge was off by about a quarter tank and I didn't know. So Katie goes to get gas and her friend comes and to help get the truck started. 4 and a half hours, 5 adults, 3 children, 3 phone calls saying you don't run a diesel run out of gas, and a state trooper later the truck is started, we have missed Spencer's appointment and everybody smelled like gas. I guess someone was telling me I didn't need to spend the money on pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment