Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Sticky Situation

We had a good night at work last night. Lots of laughing and joking around. About an hour before our shift ended we hear a shout from the end of the line. Victoria yells "I'm stuck to my chair, I can't get out of my chair!" Everyone is looking around totally confused. After about 5 minutes she works her self free of the chair. She walks to the front of the line, bends over and says "Look at this! I have a quite pack on my butt!". Sure enough she has 2 quite packs stuck right where both her legs meet her butt. A quite pack is a piece of flexible metal with really sticky stuff on it. It goes on different parts of the dryer to may it vibrate less. They were curled back on the sides so they stuck together.

So I ask V if she would like help getting it off her butt. I take hold of the piece of metal and start pulling. Only the one came off. So I grab hold of the other one. It's a little more stubborn. V Braces herself while I'm yanking on her butt. It suddenly comes free and I fly back. I looked at the metal and the sticky stuff was almost all gone. It was still stuck to her butt. We were all laughing so hard that I had to hide my face and lean on something for support. I hadn't seen anything so funny a long time.

Even though we all got a good laugh about it I felt bad because those were V's favorite jeans.

1 comment: